About Me

My photo
Artists who paints in oil en plein aire. Member of the three member Plein Aire Cottage Artists. Members: Mary Rose Holmes, Violetta Chandler and Helen Tilston

Monday, January 28, 2008

Helen Tilston Donates Painting to A2K Valentine Dance


Action 2000 of Indian Rocks Beach, whose mandate it to preserve the beauty and history of our unique community are holding their annual "Love is in the Air" Valentine Dance on February 9th at City Hall, Indian Rocks Beach. This is "the party" of the season and is made possible through the tireless efforts of several volunteers. I am donating a painting entitled "Love Changes Everything and the accompanying poem. The painting will be auctioned on the night of the event. The proceeds benefit A2K


LOVE CHANGES EVERYTHING...Ode to Indian Rocks Beach By Helen Tilston

My heart is on fire since I met you

All days have skies of cerulian blue

Your shell pink beach with its outstretched arms
welcomes home the tired, wounded and aching hearts

Your sunshine of soft gold warms the spirit

Your waves of azure, viridian and cobalt keep in rhythm with me

Your gentle breezes encourage me

Your shorebirds dance with me

Your clouds make silly faces at me

Your residents radiate joy and inspire me

So my dear Valentine there is nothing to oppose

and to you my love I wish to propose

May I live with you forever more?

(by Helen Tilston...January 15, 2008)

1 comment: