About Me

My photo
Artists who paints in oil en plein aire. Member of the three member Plein Aire Cottage Artists. Members: Mary Rose Holmes, Violetta Chandler and Helen Tilston

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

CANVAS WITH A CAUSE https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PnQzJvwO1F8/XykXWCBYdsI/AAAAAAAAFy8/M7U9R14KHikROhL3K1EK3wqp74186gzHQCLcBGAsYHQ/s3888/IMG_6544.JPG

Hello Friends,  How are all of you keeping during this changed time?      I departed Florida on March 7th for Ireland, following the final filming of 'CANVAS WITH A CAUSE"     I was cautious and a little nervous, as my connection took me through Kennedy Airport in New York.     Upon returning to Ireland we, like everyone else, went into lockdown. I wish there was a better word than lockdown, as it is too bossy for my liking.  

Canvas with a Cause is a documentary featuring two artists Mary Rose Holmes and Helen Tilston, two long time residents of Indian Rocks Beach, Florida and their journey as plain aire artists in the past twenty or so years.  They paint in oil, all original paintings, en plein aire, and no copies are made of our work. When the painting is sold it is gone with all the energy and memories in her creation and the new owner's energy now takes over with the painting.    Someone commented: "Your paintings are like your babies; all with unique character and distinguished"   Documentary film maker Roxanne Mannello, a final year student in Film-Making at St. Petersburg College and WEDU (Public TV/Radio, Florida).   Working with Roxanne was energizing, enlightening and always going that extra few steps to get the best image.  

Wayne David Atherholt, Director of Culture, Mayor's Office, City of St. Petersburg pictured below shares his knowledge of art in 'Canvas with a Cause" documentary.  The triptych"Welcome to Indian Rocks Beach" behind Wayne was created  (by Mary Rose Holmes and Helen Tilston) during the documentary. It awaits a new home.





Mary Rose Holmes and Helen Tilston painting at Indian Rocks Beach during filming of "Canvas with a Cause"






Helen Tilston Painting one panel of Triptych "Welcome to Indian Rocks Beach" as featured in Canvas with a Cause documentary.









Our beautiful and talented cinematographer and film maker Roxanne Mannello filming Mary Rose Holmes painting at Indian Rocks Beach.


Canvas with a Cause is completed and we look forward to a Fall showing on WEDU and, fingers crossed, PBS


I checked my yarn supply and found this beautiful biscuit colour yarn in 100% linen. It matched my hat purchased in Provence last year, so a simple design I concocted and it soothes my soul on long summer evenings and I say good-night to my studio.




16 comments:

  1. Oh Helen! Your paintings here are just sooooo beautiful and photography is stunning!! That would be amazing if it made it to PBS!!! I’ll say a little prayer. ����✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katy for your kind response. I agree our photographer Roxanne Mannello put her heart and soul into the project. Yes I am delighted to inform you that Canvas with a Cause was aired on WEDU/PBS. I shall do a post sharing the link.

      Delete
  2. Oh Helen! Your painting is just so truly beautiful! And I adore the photography capturing you and it. ✨ wouldn’t that be exciting to be on PBS? I’ll say a little prayer. 😉💗✨ xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO miss your company and look forward to the day we can both return to the Gulf Coast to soak in its beauty, fine sand and delicious dining opportunities! And I cannot wait to see what new masterpieces the Plein Aire gals create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol it will be a wonderful re=union when we meet again. I treasure our time tougher with Zev last Christmas. It will all happen again and we see light at the end of the tunnel. Happy Christmas to you and yous.

      Delete
  4. To reach me use my carolmalik@comcast.net email address...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Carol, I thank you kindly for your comment and feel when we do meet we will chat for hours, over cappuccinos at the Cafe de Paris.

      Delete
  5. Dear Helen, The triptych is gorgeous, so joyful and full of tropical colour. Lovely to see you painting, and to know you have been filmed. The scarf is so delicate and pretty, and perfect match for your hat. It will be great when you get back to Indian Head. Hope your are not locked down for too long, and are safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Patricia, So sorry for the late response. I had issued with my blog and thankfully it seems to be finally sorted. Your kind words and encouragement are so welcome. I hope you are keeping well and I will be over to visit your blog shortly. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year and prayers for riddance to the pandemic.
      Helen

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! I look forward to seeing the film.
    You all look as beautiful as the paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on yet another documentary to show your noteworthy mission and beautiful paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Chin, Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to comment. The community of Indian Rocks Beach and her beauty is so unique and unspoiled. May it remain so.
      Wishing you and Peter a very Happy New Year.
      Helen

      Delete
  8. You are the most wonderfully expressive person in so many ways. Singing, painting, writing, knitting, sharing the beauty of the world with us thru your eyes...so glad to have gotten to spend time with you and Mary Rose. (By the way, you two made my Kobe easy with all your style and wonderful suggestions ��)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Roxanne,

      Thank you for this large compliment. I wish to say that it was such a pleasure working with you during the weeks of filming Canvas with a Cause. On reflection, we had so much fun and adventures. Thank you again for your professionalism and we always knew and were confident that WEDU/PBS would air "Canvas with a Cause". You put your heart and soul into the project and it shows. Till we meet again, may God hold all of you in the palm of his hand.

      Helen xx

      Delete
  9. My dear Helen,

    Greetings. How wonderful to see your post again. I hope you are doing well and sheltering in a beautiful place away from the pandemic. I am so excited about your documentary, Canvas with a cause. I am sure that it will be highly successful. The locations you have chosen to paint with your colleagues and friends are absolutely stunning. I love your art, your style, your vision and your hat too!!

    With warm wishes,
    ASD

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dearest ASD,

    How lovely to hear from you. I have read, with great interest, your delightful posts and wrote lengthy comments, which regrettably did not publish, as I had issues with my blog. Fingers crossed I have resolved this.

    We are sheltering presently at our home in Youghal, County Cork, beside the ocean and I have a studio and with the Gulf Stream I can also go plein air painting on some days.
    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that New Year's Eve will find you celebrating and enjoying all that beautiful Scotland has to offer.

    My very best to you always,
    Helen..xx

    ReplyDelete