About Me

My photo
Artists who paints in oil en plein aire. Member of the three member Plein Aire Cottage Artists. Members: Mary Rose Holmes, Violetta Chandler and Helen Tilston

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Giving Back Martini + Matisse

Mary Rose Holmes, Helen Tilston, Anne Sophie Matisse.

 Each year I donate a painting to what I consider a great cause.   The Event is called Martini + Matisse and the Gala takes place each January.   This fundraiser benefits Clearwater Free Clinic in Clearwater, Florida, which provides health care to those in need.

When the Clinic approached me some 15 years ago and asked for a donation of one of my paintings, I agreed.  The featured artist then was Anne Sophie Matisse, great grand daughter of Henri Matisse who flew in from Europe to attend the Event.   

Five years later we were the featured artist (my art partners, Mary Rose Holmes, Violetta and me).  


This year, during lockdown in Ireland, I painted this scene at our local beach.  "A Mother's Love" is winging her way across the Atlantic to be in Florida in time or the Martini and Matisse gala event in January.   




A Mother's Love, original oil by Helen Tilston

I take this opportunity to wish each of you my dear followers a very Happy Christmas and keep blogging.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, such beautiful art and such a generous gesture of support. Merry Christmas, Helen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Jackie. Wishing you and Joel a very Happy Christmas. Are you at your home in Greece? It feels good to give to those in need and they are always so appreciative.
      Wishing you a week full of joy.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful painting and sentiment, Helen. I am sure it will be a popular contribution to the Gala event, and so kind of you to donate to them. It is such a sunny and peaceful scene, in contrast to the lock-downs we have all experienced in the past year. Here's to a successful vaccine and a great Happy New Year. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Patricia and your uplifting comments and New Year wishes bring me great joy and hope. This is a charity that is dear to me and has been for many years. Many of the professionals at Clearwater Free Clinic are doctors and nurses who donate hours of their time to the clinic. It proves the point that we can all do a little bit.
    Wishing you the joys of 2021 and happiness and blessings on you and your family. Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Helen, Happy New Year to you. It is very kind and generous of you to donate this beauitiful painting, A Mother's Love. The colours are just incredible and amazing. Living in the north east coast where the sun sets after 3 o' clock in the afternoon, your beautiful painting is like a ray of sunlight, and I have been transported to another world, which is probably the best possible escapism one can hope for in the time of lockdown. With warmest wishes & please stay safe. ASD

    ReplyDelete
  5. How rewarding, to be able to help the free clinic. They must be very grateful. Wow, fancy meeting a relative of Matisse! Happy 2021 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Helen, I have returned to this wonderful world of beautiful posts and was so glad to read your words and see your painting. I do hope all is well with you and you are happy and healthy. Wishing you a very Happy Easter, Jane x

    ReplyDelete