About Me

My photo
Artists who paints in oil en plein aire. Member of the three member Plein Aire Cottage Artists. Members: Mary Rose Holmes, Violetta Chandler and Helen Tilston

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Exciting News - A Documentary Save Our Cottages: Artists with a Cause & Victoria Magazine

Victoria Magazine July August 2019 Issue 

Hello my dear friends,  I apologize for my absence from blogging.   I have a few excuses but all are not good enough to account for my being absent.   

Victoria Magazine, July August issue is featuring the Plein Aire Cottage Artists.  My award winning art partners (Mary Rose Holmes, Violetta Chandler and Helen Tilston a.k.a. The Plein Aire Cottage Artists) and me were filmed for two days at Indian Rocks Beach, last November.  It was a very extraordinary experience and we became instant friends with the Stylist and Photographer who worked with us.   A Stylist can really create the ambiance and setting.   I hope you have a change to get Victoria Magazine and view the shoot.  It is 8 pages and illustrates beautiful Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, a beautiful old fashioned seaside town.  It is a fabulous place to visit and stay for a week, two or several months.




 Plein Aire Cottage Artist Mary Rose Holmes in foreground.  In background left is Violetta Chandler and Helen Tilston





At Premier of Save Our Cottages Artists with a cause:  Mary Rose Holmes and Helen Tilston.
Save Our Cottages:  Artists with a Cause documentary by Emmy award winning  documentary film-maker Lynn Marvin Dingfelder and Larry Wiezycki premiered in November in Florida to an audience of 1,000 viewers.   The documentary was  selected by Gasparilla Film Festival, Tampa and shown to a packed out theatre in Tampa.  It won the best "peoples choice" documentary on Florida.   The documentary is going to be shown at major film festivals and PBS  have claims on it.  I shall keep you posted as dates are presented.

Save Our Cottages: Artists with a cause was filmed at Indian Rocks Beach, Florida and also Provence, France, the birthplace of impressionistic paintings.  One very exciting moment was filming at Cezanne's Studio at Aix-en-Provence, after hours,  and holding his props and painting materials.


Artists Violetta Chandler and Helen Tilston inside Cezanne's Studio at Aix-en-Provence

Inside Cezanne's Studio at Aix-en-Provence, Artist Helen Tilston, Roberta  and Mary Rose Holmes

Outside Cezanne Studio, Documentary Filmmaker, Lynn Marvin Dingfelder, Roberta, Larry Wiezycki, Mary Rose Holmes and Violetta Chandler (Photo Helen Tilston)

Purchasing art supplies near St. Remy  Helen Tilston, Violetta Chandler and Mary Rose Holmes.

Props as used by Cezanne in his paintings only the fruit is fresh.


Out Painting and filming at Indian Rocks Beeach, Mary Rose Holmes, a friend and her puppy and Helen Tilston

Viioletta Chandler, Lloyd Sowers Fox TV Tampa, Helen Tilston.

I look forward to catching up with all of you my friends.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Helen,

    No need to apologize for one's blog absence; poor Poppy view has been MIA for almost a year and a half! However, I occasionally check my list of followers and was thrilled to see a new post from you, informing us about all your very exciting accomplishments!

    KUDOS, my friend!! The photos are fabulous and clearly illustrate all the fun the Pleine Aire Cottage Artists had throughout the filming of the documentary, as well as the photo shoot for the magazine. I cannot be happier for you!

    Looking forward to any updates you have re: all your creative ventures.

    Poppy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always spent my half an hour to read this webpage's posts every day along
    with a mug of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always thought about this, thanks for putting up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This info is worth everyone's attention. When can I find out
    more?

    ReplyDelete